Phil Mickelson had an encouraging week in the Scottish Open but with rounds of 73-78, he is going home after a very forgettable week. Abbott seems to think that Phil will be wheels up in the plane very soon as the airport is not far from Royal Lytham & St. Annes.
Lee Westwood has lived in Worksop, England his entire life and it is a big deal that he is moving his family to Florida on a permanent basis. It is not only a big deal for Westwood who has never lived outside of Worksop but it is also a big deal for a lot of English fans because Westwood is arguably the most notable golfer in the world who up until this point had made England his permanent home.
The biggest story in the newspapers in England has to do with Rory McIlroy and how he hit a teenager with an errant tee shot. The tabloids have used a lot of clever headlines to describe the incident and everything that happened after that including how McIlroy is paying for a hotel room for the teenager and his brother. No one is talking about what he is shot in the first round.
There was a lot of overnight rain and walking through the tented village is like walking through a giant puddle. It is amazing how many people are on the grounds today when you look at how wet and messy the grounds outside the ropes are.
No one would have ever thought that you would have a 36-hole leader in double digits this week and certainly no one would have thought that player would be Brandt Snedeker. Snedeker seems to very relaxed and even joked with Abbott and his Golf Channel crew earlier in the week. Sendeker’s performance so far this week has been very impressive and Abbott is interested to see what happens this weekend.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Woods pulls out of AT&T with strained elbow
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights major champ group | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a friend
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path