Golf Channel Reporter Tom Abbott is in Evian-les-Bains, France this week for the Evian Masters. The Evian Masters will become a Major in 2013 and the event already has a Major feel this week as the sponsors are hosting some big events all around the Evian-les-Bains area. It is a celebratory feeling this week as everyone is excited for the event’s elevation to Major status starting next year.
Yani Tseng has a new caddie this week but she has not gotten off to a good start in the first round and her playing partners Lexi Thompson and Michelle Wie are struggling as well. The question is why Yani Tseng has slipped the way she has because for a long period of time she seemed to be in contention to win every time she played in an event. She has been working on a lot of different aspects of her game and she feels that a change in caddies will help. While it is only one round, things have not clicked so far and it will interesting to see if a strong player-caddie relationship can develop here.
Abbott interviewed Adam Scott after losing The Open Championship and it was a difficult interview. Scott seemed shell-shocked during the interview but he was honest and open in his answers. There was an interesting moment during the interview when Ernie Els arrived in the Media Center. While Abbott was interviewing Scott, Els walked in to a loud round of applause and Abbott knows that hearing that applause must have been difficult for Adam.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: 'Morning Drive' with Sergio reax
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'wrong, hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia apologizes for 'fried chicken' remark
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth