Golf Channel Reporter Tom Abbott is in England this week for the RICOH Women’s British Open. The weather in the first round is quite benign after some bad weather during the practice rounds. Low scores are definitely possible today but the wind is expected to strengthen as the day goes on. A concern at Royal Liverpool is slow play and some players may have been penalized if the LPGA Tour were running the event. However, the Ladies Golf Union runs the event and their rules on slow play are a bit more lenient. 2-time Defending Champion Yani Tseng got off to a slow start and was also warned for slow play. She was also seen clutching her knee on numerous occasions during the round. Fortunately, she was able to recover well and ended her first round at even par. Weather from Hurricane Leslie is expected to reach England this evening and winds are expected to climb to 60-70 miles per hour which could make conditions interesting during the second round.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: Senior PGA Championship, Round 1
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Anchoring attorney: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Back-nine 41 dooms McIlroy's BMW PGA opener
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Instruction: Tips to strike your putts more solidly