6-time LPGA Tour winner Val Skinner is hosting the 13th annual LIFE (LPGA Pros in the Fight to Eradicate Breast Cancer) tournament in New Jersey which features Yani Tseng, Azahara Munoz, Morgan Pressel, and Lexi Thompson among other LPGA professionals. The tournament today will put the total amount of money raised by this event to around $8 million over 13 years and the field includes both young players like Lexi Thompson and Yani Tseng and veterans like Cristie Kerr and Karen Stupples. This tournament in association with the Val Skinner Foundation has worked to educate many young people on breast cancer and the fight against it and they have gathered today in memory of the many people who have died from this horrible disease including their friend and former LPGA pro Heather Farr.
Passion in fighting this disease and love for life are among the things that inspire and drive everyone behind this tournament. Heather Farr died way too young at the age of 28 but she fought throughout her illness and was an inspiration to her many friends. Skinner said that she has tried to be a good example to her fellow LPGA pros in her passion for fighting this disease and she understands how important it is for everyone to do all they can while they are healthy to make a difference.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- McDowell rises to No. 7 in OWGR; Bae 64th
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Uihlein gets first pro win at Madeira | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play