6-time LPGA Tour winner Val Skinner is hosting the 13th annual LIFE (LPGA Pros in the Fight to Eradicate Breast Cancer) tournament in New Jersey which features Yani Tseng, Azahara Munoz, Morgan Pressel, and Lexi Thompson among other LPGA professionals. The tournament today will put the total amount of money raised by this event to around $8 million over 13 years and the field includes both young players like Lexi Thompson and Yani Tseng and veterans like Cristie Kerr and Karen Stupples. This tournament in association with the Val Skinner Foundation has worked to educate many young people on breast cancer and the fight against it and they have gathered today in memory of the many people who have died from this horrible disease including their friend and former LPGA pro Heather Farr.
Passion in fighting this disease and love for life are among the things that inspire and drive everyone behind this tournament. Heather Farr died way too young at the age of 28 but she fought throughout her illness and was an inspiration to her many friends. Skinner said that she has tried to be a good example to her fellow LPGA pros in her passion for fighting this disease and she understands how important it is for everyone to do all they can while they are healthy to make a difference.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process