European Tour Analyst Warren Humphries is at St. Andrews for the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship. When the winning putt dropped at Medinah, he was there doing commentary for the world feed of the competition. Everyone there was in disbelief that the comeback actually happened. Some believed that it could happen but almost no one believed that it actually would happen until it did.
The majority of the fans at Medinah during the Ryder Cup handled themselves very well but it is unfortunate when those few fans say inappropriate things to the players. The insulting remarks actually seemed to work to the advantage of the European players because those remarks motivated them to play better.
When Donald & Garcia as well as Poulter & McIlroy won the Saturday Four-Ball matches to reduce the deficit from 10-4 to 10-6 had a very significant effect on the rest of the team. Poulter kept making putts late in the match on Saturday against the predictions of the other team members and that point, the European team began to believe that they could indeed come from behind to win.
When asked about who could possibly be the 2014 European Ryder Cup Team Captain, Martin Kaymer said that it would likely be one of Olazabal’s four Assistant Captains of McGinley, Clarke, Bjorn, or Jimenez. There is a school of thought that believes that Colin Montgomerie would be asked to lead the team in Scotland but it seems more likely that the 2014 leader will be one of the four Assistant Captains from this year.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: Sr. PGA Championship, Round 2
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Donald's three-peat BMW PGA bid ends with MC
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots