- Holmes Return
J.B. Holmes says he will return to the PGA TOUR later this month at the Farmers Insurance Open. Holmes is recovering from brain surgery performed on September 1, 2011.
- Woodland & Woods
Gary Woodland signed with Excel Sports Management -- the agency that already represents Tiger Woods and Matt Kuchar. Woodland will make his Tournament of Champions debut this week in Hawaii.
- Pro Debut
Peter Uihlein will make his pro debut in India on the European Challenge Tour's Gujarat Kensville Challenge. It's the equivalent of the Nationwide Tour in the U.S.
- Status Quo
The PGA TOUR says no changes will be made to its playoff points system in 2012. Bill Haas is the reigning FedExCup Champion.
- Strong Auto Sales
- Homeowners Insurance Increase
- Delta Adds $3 Surcharge to Europe
- App Downloads Top 1 Billion
7:12a ET: Brian Shactman, CNBC Business Report
7:30a ET: John Hawkins, Golf Channel Contributor
7:45a ET; Alex Miceli, Golf Channel Contributor
8:00a ET: Tim Finchem, PGA TOUR Commissioner
8:15a ET: Gary Christian, 2012 PGA TOUR Rookie
8:45a ET: Kelly Tilghman, Golf Channel Reporter
WATCH & LISTEN TO TODAY'S ACTION
Best of Morning Drive January 4, 2012 > Listen Now
*WEB EXCLUSIVE* Major predictions: From Rory to Sergio > Watch Now
If interested in the music you heard today on "Morning Drive", download it on iTunes.
"The Cave” by Mumford & Sons
“Peaceful Easy Feeling” by Eagles
“Blue on Black” by Kenny Wayne Shepherd
Tune-in or stream the show live on GolfChannel.com this week at 7AM ET
Thursday, January 5
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path