Golf Channel Reporter Win McMurry is in Lake Tahoe this week for the American Century Championship. Many big names in sports and entertainment are playing in this event and it is a very unique tournament in that the 81 celebrities treat this event as a Major Championship. It is set up like a professional event and it is located in a beautiful place. The tournament is a modified stableford format and last night all of the players came together for a relaxed evening of learning the format and socializing.
There was a comedy show with Brian Regan and several players including Angie Everhart, Aaron Rodgers, and Brandi Chastain were in attendance. It is a very relaxed setting but there are some players who can compete and are out to win including actor Jack Wagner who is the one of the few non-professional athletes in the field. Former pitcher Rick Rhoden has played in the U.S. Senior Open and Dallas Cowboys QB Tony Romo has tried to qualify for the U.S. Open while John Smoltz has played in an event on the Web.com Tour. Speaking of Smoltz, he won Michael Jordan’s celebrity event and Jordan will be playing at Lake Tahoe as well.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management
- Inaugural Bahamas LPGA event deluged by rain
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Clark on anchor ban: 'Not going to roll over'
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air