Golf Channel Reporter Win McMurry is in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL for the Golf Channel AM Tour National Championship. There are 60 local chapters of the Golf Channel AM Tour and all of the chapters come together once a year for the National Championship. A record 635 players from 39 states plus Puerto Rico have gathered this week and their ability levels range from scratch handicaps to players who shoot 120 for 18 holes. It is four days of competition on some great courses including THE PLAYERS Stadium Course at TPC Sawgrass.
Mark Mulder, a former Major League Baseball pitcher, shot a round of 72 in the National Championship on the Valley Course at TPC Sawgrass and another former pitcher, Orlando Hernandez, is also competing this week. The first double eagle in the history of the National Championship has also been recorded this week.
She played with Samuel L. Jackson at Friar’s Head last week at Bill Russell’s charity golf tournament and she was very impressed with his golf game. While she is not as impressed with his golf game, she really enjoyed getting to spend time with Charles Barkley. Barkley is a very good sport about his interesting golf swing and took a lot of good humor from David Feherty who hosted an event at the tournament which was essentially a roast of all of the celebrities in the field.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots