2006 and 2010 U.S. Ryder Cup Team Member Zach Johnson will be making his 3rd Ryder Cup appearance next month at Medinah Country Club. When asked how he is managing his energy level with all of these big tournaments before the Ryder Cup, Johnson said that he has been working with his team to try to find ways to manage his time wisely. He has been trying to get as much sleep as possible and since he has experience at all of the courses, he does not need to practice as much and pretty much uses the Pro-Am to get a practice round in every week.
The 2012 FedExCup Playoffs in particular have some pretty big courses which require him to work on his hybrids and long irons. Bethpage Black, TPC Boston, Crooked Stick GC, and East Lake GC are all big golf courses and then he will head to Medinah CC which will play over 7,600 yards during the Ryder Cup.
He will be bringing a different strategy into the Ryder Cup as instead of trying to shoot a low round, he will be trying to win individual holes and Medinah Country Club will be a great course for this format. He has had a chance to practice at Medinah recently and he is excited to be playing in Chicago which is such a great sports town and is also located in the same region where he grew up in Iowa.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGA of America | USGA
- Manufacturer on anchor ban: 'Golf lost today'
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Euro captain McGinley adds third Ryder Cup pick
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae