Lanny Wadkins Joins Golf Channel Champions Tour Broadcast Team
- By Golf Channel Public Relations
- Jan 17, 2013 1:00 PM ET
World Golf Hall-of-Famer Lanny Wadkins returns to the broadcast booth full time this week as lead analyst for Golf Channel’s Champions Tour coverage, beginning Friday at the Mitsubishi Electric Championship at Hualalai.
Wadkins, recognized as one of the fiercest and more outspoken competitors during his playing days, will be Golf Channel’s lead analyst for the network’s 22 Champions Tour events. He also is scheduled to appear on various Golf Channel news and instruction programming throughout the year.
“I’m excited to return to the broadcast booth and continue working with my friends at Golf Channel, talking about guys I played with and competed against for over 40 years,” said Wadkins.
“Lanny was one of the greatest golfers of his generation, and we are thrilled to have him as a member of our Golf Channel family,” said Molly Solomon, Golf Channel’s executive producer. “I have been a fan of Lanny’s for many years, and we look forward to his return to television and hearing his familiar voice each week on the Champions Tour.”
Wadkins – who was lead golf analyst for CBS Sports from 2002-2006 – recorded 21 PGA TOUR victories, four international wins and a major championship (1977 PGA Championship) during his Hall-of-Fame career. He also captained the 1995 U.S. Ryder Cup team at Oak Hill Country Club in Rochester, N.Y. He won the 1970 U.S. Amateur Cup tournament while attending Wake Forest University and was named Collegiate All-America in 1970 and 1971.
Golf Channel’s coverage of Mitsubishi Electric Championship at Hualalai begins Friday at 7:30 p.m. ET.
Mitsubishi Electric Championship at Hualalai Golf Channel Airtimes:
Friday 7:30-10 p.m. (Live)
Saturday 7:30-10 p.m. (Live)
Sunday 7:30-10 p.m. (Live)
Keegan Bradley again bogeyed Nos. 1 and 18 in the second round of the HP Byron Nelson Championship. Unlike the first round, Bradley didn't set a course record. But he still finished with a three-strok... Read More
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | At a glance | Scores
- Korda leads Mobile Bay LPGA through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Guan shoots 70-77, misses first PGA Tour cut
- Poulter out at Volvo | 'Disgusted' with play | Results
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Donald receives MBE from Queen of England
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process