"It’s been a frustrating and difficult year, but I’m committed to my long-term health." - Tiger Woods, in announcing he wouldn't be playing in the U.S Open due to ongoing leg injuries.
"The excitement that he generates will be missed." - Mike Davis, U.S. Golf Association executive director, on Tiger not teeing it up at Congressional.
"Um, yes ... So, ‘Thanks, Tiger.’ I guess I’m glad he was listening to his doctors." - Michael Whitehead, a recent Rice graduate, when ask by phone if he would like to take Woods' spot in the U.S. Open field. Whitehead was an alternate after losing out in a three-man sectional qualifier in Dallas.
"We would be idiots if we extracted Mike from his U.S. Open activities." - USGA president Jim Hyler, on allowing Mike Davis to continue to perform his U.S. Open course set up duties.
"It’s a part of the world where the development of elite players is something that we see as being an opportunity." - Ty Votaw, executive vice president of international affairs for the PGA Tour, on spearheading the Olympic effort for 2016 and trying to establish a PGA Tour-branded circuit in South America, Latin America and the Caribbean.
"I think like anybody else, Steve doesn’t want to miss a major, just like Tiger doesn’t want to miss a major." - Mark Steinberg, after news broke about Adam Scott using Steve Williams as his caddie at the U.S. Open.
"Will you stop calling me Mr. Palmer? You make me sound old!" - Arnold Palmer, to 'Morning Drive' co-hosts Gary Williams and Erik Kuselias, when in the studio last Tuesday to talk about all things golf.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Byron Nelson final round
- SCORING: Bradley starts with lead | LPGA Mobile
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bradley leads Nelson by 1 | At a glance
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Chella Choi leads Mobile; Nordqvist fires 61
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- No. 1 Cal (11 wins) headlines 30-team NCAA field
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play