“There isn’t a low point in being a professional golfer. I mean, let’s be realistic.” – Padraig Harrington, after his career low and record-breaking 61 at Innisbrook Thursday, on the “slump” he’s been in the past couple seasons.
"I'll be there, don't worry about that." – Tiger Woods, telling Good Morning America host Robin Roberts he plans to play the Masters in April.
“I don't know if getting to No. 1 was that hugely important to me.” – Luke Donald, on where world No. 1 ranks on his priority list.
“He said if I ever need any help, he’s a phone call away.” – Lexi Thompson, on Jack Nicklaus offering to help the 17-year-old if she ever needs advice.
“A lot of Asian players play here. They’re black or dark brown, so I wanted to make like fresh.” – Jiyai Shin, on her blonde hairdo she’s debuting this week in Phoenix in a bid to build momentum. After winning eight LPGA titles in a three-year stretch, Shin failed to win last season.
“It has to be right the first time because you can’t cost someone their dream right out of the gate.” – Brandt Snedeker, on the PGA Tour’s proposed changes for membership via the Nationwide Tour and Q-School.
“A lot of you guys have aged a lot.” – Retief Goosen, joking to the media center crowd on his absence from the podium – and the top of the leaderboard – in quite some time.
“Unbelievable experience at the White House last night! Big thanks to (President Obama) for the invite! We'll get that golf swing sorted soon!” – Rory McIlroy, in a tweet after visiting the White House.
“We’ll be ready by Augusta. … And I think we’ll be ready before then.” – Gary Woodland, on the work he and swing coach Butch Harmon are putting in to prep for the Masters.
Tags: Tiger Woods
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose: Letterman Top 10 | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Rose highlights major champ group | Tee times
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path