The Golf Fix Blog - Memorial Day Special
- By Michael Breed
- May 28, 2012 8:00 PM ET
Like The Golf Fix on Facebook: Let’s Do This!
Follow The Golf Fix on Twitter: @TheGolfFix
-To avoid hitting fat chips, use a swimming pool noodle. put the noodle behind the ball and practice hitting the chips without hitting the noodle.
-To improve your putting accuracy, put an alignment rod inline the the hole and the ball. Practice hitting putts into the tip of the alignment rod end closest to you. Now remove the alignment rod and continue putting it straight.
-To ensure a proper ball position when putting, use the ball drop drill. Setup to the ball, hold another ball at your eyes and drop it. The ball should fall right on or just on the inside of the ball on the ground.
Viewer Question (Facebook Exclusive)
Q: How do you teach a proper release of the golf club without flipping it through impact? (Brian Terry)
A: Put a towel in your armpit and hit balls keeping the towel locked in through the follow-through. That will teach your forearm to rotate properly allowing the club to release correctly.
Next Week’s Show - June 4, 2012
-Michael Breed will breakdown the winner of the Memorial Tournament and teach what you can learn
-Michael will answer viewer questions and give SwingFix breakdowns
-Post your questions for next week on Email, Facebook or Twitter
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson edges Korda, Phatlum in Mobile | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play