The Golf Fix Blog - Memorial Day Special
- By Michael Breed
- May 28, 2012 8:00 PM ET
Like The Golf Fix on Facebook: Let’s Do This!
Follow The Golf Fix on Twitter: @TheGolfFix
-To avoid hitting fat chips, use a swimming pool noodle. put the noodle behind the ball and practice hitting the chips without hitting the noodle.
-To improve your putting accuracy, put an alignment rod inline the the hole and the ball. Practice hitting putts into the tip of the alignment rod end closest to you. Now remove the alignment rod and continue putting it straight.
-To ensure a proper ball position when putting, use the ball drop drill. Setup to the ball, hold another ball at your eyes and drop it. The ball should fall right on or just on the inside of the ball on the ground.
Viewer Question (Facebook Exclusive)
Q: How do you teach a proper release of the golf club without flipping it through impact? (Brian Terry)
A: Put a towel in your armpit and hit balls keeping the towel locked in through the follow-through. That will teach your forearm to rotate properly allowing the club to release correctly.
Next Week’s Show - June 4, 2012
-Michael Breed will breakdown the winner of the Memorial Tournament and teach what you can learn
-Michael will answer viewer questions and give SwingFix breakdowns
-Post your questions for next week on Email, Facebook or Twitter
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Six flak: Lefty's Open runners-up | Posnanski
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- WWL: Nice guy finishes first | OWGR No. 3
- Grill Room: Jungle Bird banned, misses U.S. Open
- Merion in 2021? | Tricky, appreciated | Dramatic
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of Week
- Rose wins for late dad | Hogan would've been proud
- U.S. Open: Articles, videos, pics | Coverage | Social
- Instruction: Play smart and patient like Rose