The 112th U.S. Open has come and gone. Time to reflect on the week, because, you know, it is what it is. Or at this point should I say … it was what it was? Fore!
The Olympic Club: Kinda enjoyed it, kinda didn’t. Narrow fairways and hellacious rough make Jack a dull boy. Hold on a sec – I couldn’t get enough of the ‘pull of Lake Merced’ comments made at least 793 times during the week.
Bird Man: Ah yes, a little comic relief after a grueling four days of grinding U.S. Open-style golf. I don’t condone that type of behavior, but I certainly found it funny. Especially the part where Mike Davis goes all Hulk Hogan. Coo coo, coo coo indeed!
Tiger Woods: They talked endlessly about The Olympic Club’s ‘burger dogs’ all week (a hamburger shaped to be used on a hotdog bun), but what I thought came out of the week was a new sandwich – the Eldrick. Toasted bun, a slice of old Tiger and a slice of new Tiger, plenty of cheese, and topped with a creamy helping of ‘traj sauce.’
Casey Martin: Never again will I complain about having to bend over to tie my shoes.
Webb Simpson: Please hire your wife Dowd as your caddie. The more TV face time she gets, the better. And those cheekbones of hers … BAM!
Mr. 1 and 2: Shame on you both, Luke and Rory. Not only did you cost me money, you cost me, well, just money I guess. See you guys at the Open Championship ... I hope.
Brian Rowell: Congrats on finishing DFL! Rounds of 86-82 left you just outside the cut line. Go check out his scorecard on GC.com – it’s sublime.
Merion Golf Club: I can’t wait to get acquainted before next year’s U.S. Open in Ardmore, Pa. The thought of your sexy wicker baskets has me intrigued.
Johnny Miller: And finally, a special thanks to Johnny, who in describing Jim Furyk’s deliberate pre-shot routines, used the word ‘anal.’ Only to follow it up with, “…if you can say the word 'anal' on TV.” Thank you Johnny. You made golf funny.
From Steve Stricker trying to notch his fourth straight win, to Phil Mickelson getting hot in Scotland, here's what You Oughta Know for Sunday's final rounds. Read More
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Perry takes Senior PGA lead into Day 4 | Scores
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Moreno leads by one in Bahamas LPGA | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots