Ginella's Journeys: Finding bargains on golf courses around Miami
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Mar 6, 2013 11:05 AM ET
With the PGA Tour in sunny south Florida for the WGC, host Lauren Thompson and golf travel expert Matt Ginella scoured the web to see what deals could be found around Miami.
Ginella starts with an old muni favorite, Crandon Golf, a jewel of the city set on Key Biscayne. While twilight tee times can be had for as low as $25, weekend afternoon times can be found under $100 (rack rates for non-residents can cost up to $200).
Next, they spotlight the Country Club of Miami, an area golfing institution dating back to 1961. This affordable club features two 18-hole courses, the East and West. Weekend times can be found in the afternoon for as low as $33.
Ginella also spotlights the many golf options at the Doral Resort, which is home to this week's World Golf Cadillac Championships and was recently purchased by Donald Trump. While the TPC Blue Monster hosts the pros, golfers can find tee times on the resort's four other courses, including the Greg Norman-designed Great White.
Lastly, Ginella spotlights The Biltmore, a historic hotel with a Donald Ross design on property. Public tee times can be found on Sunday afternoon for $139.
You can view the entire segment here:
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- U.S. Open: Articles, videos, pics | Coverage | Social
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path