Hawk's Nest: The origin of the Tiger-Sergio feud
t appreciate Sergio’s end-zone dance after he beat Woods in an 18-hole, made-for-TV match known as the Battle at Bighorn . Garcia took the name of the event literally and blew his bugle with gusto. Woods was tired that night after demolishing
Swedish rookie leads Players; Woods 2 back
friendly relationship. Woods was said to be put off when Garcia celebrated wildly after winning a Monday night '' Battle at Bighorn '' exhibition in 2000. During the 2002 U.S. Open at Bethpage Black, which Woods won wire-to-wire, Garcia
Woods, Garcia in war of words
Garcia celebrated like he won a major – more on that in a bit – when he defeated a flu-ridden Woods in the “ Battle at Bighorn ,” a made-for-TV exhibition in 2000. At the 2002 U.S. Open, Garcia complained that play should have been
Jack discusses his distant relationship with Tiger
only once in the majors, the opening two rounds of the 2000 at Valhalla. They also were teammates in the old " Battle at Bighorn ." Woods once told a story of asking Nicklaus about all the rivalries he faced during three decades and how Nicklaus
Titleist, McIlroy won't renew contract after this year
the 18-hole exhibition on Monday, the first time Woods has agreed to a head-to-head match since the old '' Battle at Bighorn '' days against . McIlroy won by one. Walking off the fourth hole, McIlroy even took one of Woods' Nike clubs
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management
- Inaugural Bahamas LPGA event deluged by rain
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Clark on anchor ban: 'Not going to roll over'
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air