LANCASTER, Pa. – Paul Fusco will be back on Sei Young Kim's bag as caddie this week at the Marathon Classic, a week after he was banished from the U.S. Women's Open.
The USGA removed Fusco from last week's competition after officials said Fusco was discovered taking cell phone photos of "internal course setup documents" in the rules office two days before the competition, documents that included hole locations, alternate tee plans and yardages for all four rounds of the competition. The documents were posted on a wall in an office USGA officials said caddies did not have proper credentials to have access to.
While the LPGA says it "supports" the USGA decision, the tour will not sanction Fusco beyond his removal from the U.S. Women's Open.
Fusco released this statement Monday morning: "The incident last week at the U.S. Women’s Open was an unfortunate situation. I simply made an honest mistake, and while painful, I do accept the USGA’s decision. I certainly did not intend to gain a competitive advantage, or create an issue for the USGA, LPGA or my player. I am thankful for the support I have received over the last week, and I look forward to putting the incident behind us and getting back to work.”
The LPGA's statement: “We understand that it was an unfortunate situation for both parties. We feel that the USGA’s decision was appropriate and we have determined that no further sanctions are necessary.”