Here's a startling statistic: Rory McIlroy's extra-holes victory over Kevin Chappell and Ryan Moore in the Tour Championship was his first playoff win on either the PGA Tour or European Tour. Previously he was 0-for-4.
Some other statistics and notes from the Tour Championship:
• Between the first-place check and the FedEx Cup first-place bonus, McIlroy earned $11.53 million on Sunday.
• McIlroy's 13th career PGA Tour win gives him three more than any other player currently under 30 (McIlroy is 27).
• It was McIlroy's sixth PGA Tour win when trailing entering final round, tying him for the most such wins since 2010.
• In the last 30 years, only Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson have had more wins before their 28th birthday than McIlroy's 13.
• McIlroy was second in this weeks field in greens in regulation, fourth in proximity to the hole.
• McIlroy has won four career FedEx Cup playoff events, the most of any player all-time.
• McIlroy is the only player to have won three different FedEx Cup playoff tournaments.
• Ryan Moore fell to 2-2 in PGA Tour playoffs.
• It was Moore's seventh career runner-up finish on the PGA Tour.
• Since the PGA Championship ended, Moore is first on Tour in several categories: -57 combined score, 122 birdies/eagles, 18 rounds in the 60s.
• It was Moore's fourth top-10 finish in his last six PGA Tour starts.
• Kevin Chappell participated in his first career PGA Tour playoff.
• It was Chappell's fourth runner-up finish this season and sixth of his PGA Tour career.
• Chappell led the field in greens in regulation this week (79.2 percent).
• Chappell's three bogeys this week were the fewest of any player in the field.
• Chappell led the field in proximity to the hole.
• Dustin Johnson's 3-over 73 was his worst final-round score in relation to par since March.
• Johnson's streak of eight consecutive rounds in the 60s ended.
• Johnson is now 3-for-8 converting 54-hole leads on the PGA Tour.
• Johnson three-putted from 4 feet on the 12th hole for double-bogey. before that he had made 95 of his previous 96 putts inside 5 feet.
• Paul Casey's 6-under 64 was his lowest round this season on the PGA Tour and his lowest career round at East Lake.
• Casey recorded his third consecutive top-5 finish in the playoffs (he was second in each of his last two starts).
• Casey has finished in the top 5 in all three of his career starts at the Tour Championship.
Compiled from information provided by Golf Channel senior researcher Justin Ray.