World No. 1 Jordan Spieth and No. 3 Rory McIlroy are grouped together in the first two rounds of the Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship, and they are joined by a formidable third party.
World No. 6 Rickie Fowler will round out the marquee trio at the Abu Dhabi Golf Club in the United Arab Emirates.
The group will go out off the 10th tee at 10:40 p.m. ET Wednesday night (7:40 a.m. local time on Thursday). They will tee off No. 1 at 3:05 a.m. ET (12:05 p.m. local) on Friday, in Round 2.
Other notable groups include (all times ET; local time nine hours ahead):
- Martin Kaymer, Henrik Stenson, Gary Stahl: Rd. 1, 10:50 p.m. (Wed.); Rd. 2, 12:15 p.m. (Fri.)
- Bryson DeChambeau (a), David Drysdale, Chris Paisley: Rd. 1, 11:50 p.m. (Wed.); Rd. 2: 4:15 a.m. (Fri.)
- Ernie Els, Matthew Fitzpatrick, Thongchai Jaidee: Rd. 1, 2:45 a.m. (Thurs.); Rd. 2: 10:30 p.m. (Thurs.)
- Russell Knox, Andy Sullivan, Darren Clarke: Rd. 1, 2:55 a.m. (Thurs.); Rd. 2: 10:40 p.m. (Thurs.)
- Lee Westwood, Danny Willett, Branden Grace: Rd. 1: 3:05 a.m. (Thurs.); Rd. 2: 10:50 p.m. (Thurs.)
Live Golf Channel coverage is scheduled to begin at 10:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday.