The Florida swing gets back underway after a one-week WGC detour to Mexcio. Here are the key stats and information for the Vaslpar Championship. Click here for full-field tee times.
How to watch:
Thursday, Rd. 1: Golf Channel, 2-6PM ET; live stream: http://www.golfchannel.com/pgastream
Friday, Rd. 2: Golf Channel, 2-6PM ET; live stream: http://www.golfchannel.com/pgastream
Purse: $6.5 million ($1,170,000 to the winner)
Course: Copperhead, Innisbrook Resort and Golf Club, Palm Harbor, Florida (par-71; 7,340 yards)
Defending champion: Adam Hadwin (-14) by one shot over Patrick Cantlay.
Notables in the field:
• Woods is making his first career start at the Valspar Championship, adding the event to a stretch that will see play four times in five weeks, a short-term schedule he has not kept since the 2013 FedExCup Playoffs.
• In his last start, a T-12 finish at the Honda, Woods played PGA National's infamous Bear Trap (Nos. 15-17) 8 over par for the week. He played the rest of the golf course 8 under and led the field in proximity to the hole.
• Woods has more wins in Florida (16) than he does in any other state.
• Won this event in a three-way playoff in 2015, besting Sean O'Hair and Ryder Cup buddy Patrick Reed.
• Spieth is averaging four birdies/eagle per round at Copperhead, the most of anyone in the last five years.
• Spieth currently ranks 163rd on the PGA Tour in strokes gained-putting and 181st in putting inside 5 feet.
• Like Woods, McIlroy is making his first career start at the Valspar.
• Although 40 under par in two starts on the European Tour this year with a pair of top-3 finishes, McIlroy is a combined 5 over in three starts on the PGA Tour.
• McIlroy is still seeking his first worldwide win since leaving East Lake in 2016 with the Tour Championship and the FedExCup.