SUGAR GROVE, Ill. – The weather is much better here for Day 2 of the Solheim Cup. The chill is out of the air and there isn't much cloud cover on the sunny morning here at Rich Harvest Farms.
A couple quick things to look for today:
- - Can Anna Nordqvist bring Suzann Pettersen back to life after Pettersen went 0-2 on Friday? Nordqvist teamed with Maria Hjorth in the afternoon to win after Hjorth had a sluggish morning fourball round.
- - The Brittany Lincicome-Kristy McPherson pairing for the U.S. is an interesting one. They were paired together in the final round of the Kraft Nabisco Championship this year and spurred each other on. U.S. captain Beth Daniel hopes it'll happen again.
- - What will the score be at the end of the day? Europe must have the lead if it wants a chance to win. The Americans always have dominated singles and are heavily favored to do so again this year because of its depth. Europe needs a hot start in the morning fourballs.
- - Can Angela Stanford record a point in the morning? She was 0-2 Friday and wants desperately to record a point for her mother, who drove from Texas to be here in the midst of her fight with breast cancer. Stanford likely will sit out in the afternoon so she needs to take advantage of her morning match.
- - Can Diana Luna follow suit with the impressive play of the unheralded Europeans? Tania Elosegui, Gwladys Nocera and Becky Brewerton all won points on Day 1. This is Luna's first match of this Cup and she's paired with Catriona Matthew against Stanford and Brittany Lang.