GolfChannel.com will provide weekly updates on the U.S. Ryder Cup points standings (Click to view European Ryder Cup standings).
Following the PGA Championship on Aug. 12, eight players will automatically qualify for the U.S team, captained by Davis Love III. After the FedEx St. Jude Classic, here are the top eight in the standings (with points earned and last week's position in the top eight in parentheses):
1. Bubba Watson (4,798.40; 1)
2. Jason Dufner (4,735.57; 2)
3. Phil Mickelson (4,069.92; 3)
4. Matt Kuchar (3,731.54; 4)
5. Hunter Mahan (3,449.08; 5)
6. Tiger Woods (3,326.72; 6)
7. Zach Johnson (3,235.63; 7)
8. Keegan Bradley (3,212.28; 8)
The list is unchanged from last week.
Love also has four wild-card selections he will make in September. Here are some current notables:
9. Rickie Fowler: Fowler took the week off after closing with a final-round 84 at the Memorial Tournament. We'll see how he bounces back at the U.S. Open.
10. Dustin Johnson: Welcome back into the mix, Dustin. Johnson won the FedEx St. Jude Classic in his second start back after missing almost three months due to injury.
11. Steve Stricker: Stricker had a disappointing finish at the Memorial Tournament but is a sneaky favorite for The Olympic Club because of his accuracy.
13. Brandt Snedeker: Snedeker has missed the cut in his last two PGA Tour starts but deserves consideration for his win in San Diego earlier this year.
14. Ben Curtis: Curtis took the week off after missing the cut in his home state at the Memorial. He is not in the U.S. Open this week. Good time to recharge the batteries.
17. Jim Furyk: Have to like Furyk heading into the U.S. Open. The veteran was fourth at Colonial and T-13 at the Memorial. Could be in line to pull in big points this week.