Until the American Ryder Cup team is decided, GolfChannel.com will provide a weekly update on the points standings (Click for European team standings).
Following the PGA Championship on August 12, Davis Love III will have eight players automatically qualify for his U.S. Ryder Cup team at Medinah. After the Zurich Classic of New Orleans, here are the top eight in the standings (with points earned and last week's position in the top 8 in parentheses):
1. Bubba Watson (4,798.40; 1)
2. Phil Mickelson (3,746.62; 2)
3. Hunter Mahan (3,332.05; 3)
4. Keegan Bradley (3,111.49; 4)
5. Jason Dufner (2,855.09; NR)
6. Steve Stricker (2,291.245; 8)
7. Tiger Woods (2,173.67; 5)
8. Brandt Snedeker (2,145.86; 6)
Love also has four wild-card selections he will make in September. Here are some current notables.
9. Bill Haas: The only player to drop out of the top 8, Haas has a win this year, is FedEx Cup champion and has a Love ally in his father, Jay.
11. Johnson Wagner: Though he has missed the cut in each of his last two starts, Wagner is still among the leaders in top-10 finishes this season.
13. Matt Kuchar: Was idle this past week, but remains a strong candidate to make the team given his consistency.
16. Jim Furyk: Has come on after a disappointing 2011. He was a stud at the Presidents Cup. Has been off the last two weeks, but is playing well.
20. John Huh: Taking the week off after a co-runner-up finish in San Antonio, Huh has finally caught the eye of DL3.
23. Webb Simpson: Has struggled to maintain the pace he set after New Orleans last year. A good return this past week may ready him to surge up the points list.