Golf Channel Continues to Rank as No. 1 Most-Affluent Audience in All of Television in Total Day and Primetime
Golf Channel Digital Posts Best Quarter Ever in Key Metrics
Golf Channel posted its most-watched third quarter ever, drawing 114,000 average viewers in Total Day, and an increase of 8% vs. 2014. This record viewership was driven in part by a +15% increase in the Adults 25-54 demographic, and continued the network’s run of drawing the most-affluent audience in all of television in both Total Day and Primetime. Since joining NBC Sports Group in 2011, Golf Channel has increased its average viewership by 54%, according to data released by The Nielsen Company.
Additionally, Golf Channel on NBC broadcasts of the 2014-15 PGA TOUR season finished with 2.5 million average viewers, up 5% vs. 2014. This includes the PGA TOUR’s FedExCup Playoff events, which were 4% ahead of last year’s Playoffs on NBC.
Golf Channel’s live telecasts of the PGA TOUR in Third Quarter are up 17% vs. 2014, including up 40% with Adults 25-54. Seven of 10 PGA TOUR events were up in early round coverage on Golf Channel, and eight of 10 PGA TOUR events were up in the network’s lead-in coverage for weekend rounds.
GOLF CHANNEL THIRD QUARTER VIEWERSHIP SINCE JOINING NBC SPORTS IN 2011:
2014 106,000 +8%
2013 112,000 +2%
2012 102,000 +12%
2011 85,000 +34%
2010 74,000 +54%
ADDITIONAL VIEWERSHIP NOTES FOR THIRD QUARTER, 2015
- Golf Channel posted its most-watched Open Championship Week and most-watched PGA Championship Week for total viewers and across digital metrics.
- In third quarter, Golf Central, Golf Central Live From St. Andrews and Golf Central Live From the PGA Championship combined to be up 26% in total viewers, and up 31% in Adults 25-54, marking the news platform’s most-watched third quarter ever.
- Champions Tour coverage in third quarter is up 18% vs. 2014, best since 2011.
- Primetime instruction programming, including The Golf Fix with Michael Breed, School of Golf with Martin Hall, Golf Channel Academy and Playing Lessons, saw its most-watched quarter with Adults 25-54 since 2011.
GOLF CHANNEL DIGITAL POSTS BEST QUARTER EVER:
- 278 million page views (+30% YOY)
- 12.19 million video starts (+9% YOY)
- 5.54 million average monthly uniques (+3% YOY) – best ever for mobile platforms
– NBC Sports Group –
Sources: Ratings/Viewers: Nielsen via TV ROCS; Avg. Viewers P2+ Live+Same Day for 6/29/15-9/27/15 for all measured programs and time periods; details available; Digital: Adobe Site Catalyst, Mon-Mon 7/01/15-9/30/15 and compared historically, Mon-Mon.