Sunday’s Final Round: Most-Watched Final Round Women’s Golf Telecast in ‘18; 2nd Most-Watched Ricoh Women’s British Open Final Round Since 2009
Saturday’s Third Round: Most-Watched Saturday Women’s Golf Telecast in ’18; 2nd Most-Watched Third Round at This Event in 10 Years
2.2 Million Live Minutes Streamed; Most-Streamed Women’s Golf Event Ever Across NBC Sports
NBC Sports’ Combined Coverage of the Three R&A Events – The Open, Senior Open and Ricoh Women’s British Open – Most-Watched Since 2009
ORLANDO, Fla., (Aug. 10, 2018) – Sunday’s final round of the Ricoh Women’s British Open on NBC delivered 964,000 average viewers (11:30 a.m.-2 p.m. ET; P2+), which saw Georgia Hall become the first Englishwoman since Karen Stupples in 2004 to win the Ricoh Women’s British Open with a two-shot victory over Thailand’s Pornanong Phatlum. This makes The 2018 Ricoh Women’s British Open final round the most-watched women’s golf telecast on any network in 2018 and most-watched final-round telecast since last year’s Ricoh Women’s British Open final round, also on NBC (1.1 million average viewers). Sunday’s final round also becomes the 2nd most-watched final round at this event since 2009 on ABC.
Saturday’s viewership on NBC also becomes the most-watched women’s golf Saturday telecast on any network in 2018 with 740,000 average viewers. Saturday’s coverage also becomes the 2nd most-watched third round at this event in 10 years, since 2008 on ABC.
NBC Sports’ combined weekend coverage (.63 U.S. Household Rating, 842,000 average viewers) becomes the 2nd most-watched weekend at this event in nine years, since 2009 on ABC and behind only last year’s coverage on NBC.
ADDITIONAL NBC SPORTS VIEWERSHIP AND DIGITAL HIGHLIGHTS:
- NBC Sports’ final round linear coverage peaked at a .85 U.S. Household Rating, and 1.18 million average viewers (1:45-2 p.m. ET).
- Digital: Across four days of coverage, 2.2 million total minutes were streamed (+10% vs. 2017); making 2018 the most-streamed women’s golf event ever across NBC Sports’ platforms.
NBC SPORTS’ COMBINED COVERAGE OF THE THREE R&A EVENTS MOST-WATCHED IN NINE YEARS:
NBC Sports delivered record viewership for its coverage of the three R&A events: The 147th Open, The Senior Open presented by Rolex and the Ricoh Women’s British Open.
- NBC Sports’ Total Audience Delivery (TAD) delivered 1.78 million average viewers per minute, best in the three years of the R&A and NBC Sports Group partnership.
- NBC Sports’ final round linear television coverage delivered a combined 1.74 million average viewers, the most-watched since 2009 on TNT and ABC.
- Nearly 29.5 million viewers reached across the three events, best since 2013 on ESPN/ABC.
- The 147th Open: Most-watched final round at The Open in 18 years with 6.48 million average viewers.
- The Senior Open presented by Rolex: Final round was the most-watched PGA TOUR Champions-sanctioned event telecast in eight years with 1.286 million average viewers.