Remaining Field Includes Four Former World Long Drive Champions Competing for $250,000 Purse at WinStar World Casino and Resort
World Long Drive Championship Finals Airing at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday Night
The field is set for the 2015 World Long Drive Championship round of 16, which will play out Tuesday night, live and in primetime at 9 p.m. ET under the lights on Golf Channel from WinStar World Casino and Resort. Earlier today, the 16 remaining competitors advanced from the round of 32 in a best-of-three, head-to-head match play bracket format, including four of the 16 advancing having previously won the World Long Drive Championship.
Round of 16 Matchups:
(1) Joe Miller (United Kingdom) vs. (4) Jason Eslinger (Forney, Texas)
(2) Will Hogue (Collierville, Tenn.)vs. (3) Adam Smith (Spring, Texas)
(1) Tim Burke (Orlando, Fla.) vs. (12) Maurice Allen (Pine Hills, Fla.)
(6) Justin Moose (Pittsburgh, Pa.) vs. (7) Justin Young (Mount Airy, N.C.)
(5) Kevin Shook (Bradenton, Fla.) vs. (8) Jeff Gavin (Hamilton, ON, Canada)
(6) Rich Moore (Aurora, Colo.) vs. (10) Jeremy Easterly (Ponte Vedra, Fla.)
(1) Jamie Sadlowski (St. Paul, AB, Canada) vs. (4) Ryan Winther (Lodi, Calif.)
(2) Jeff Crittenden (Greensboro, N.C.) vs. (11) Kari Hyokki (Sweden)
FORMAT: During Tuesday’s round of 16 and Wednesday’s coverage of the remaining eight competitors on Golf Channel, a new format will be implemented which will allow players 2 minutes, 45 seconds to hit their drives in each round, and the player who is trailing in the match will have an opportunity to hit one final ball past their opponent’s to try and advance to the next round in the bracket.
BROADCAST TEAM: Golf Channel’s Ryan Burr will provide play-by-play; Michael Breed, host of The Golf Fix, will serve as analyst; and Angela Hamann will handle interviews. Art Sellinger – long-drive pioneer, two-time national long-drive champion and founder of the Long Drivers of America – also will be on hand to provide an analyst perspective and offer additional background on the competitors.
COVERAGE: Golf Channel will feature back-to-back nights of live coverage of the World Long Drive Championship, airing in primetime from 9-11 p.m. ET. Prior to on-site event coverage each night, the network will dedicate a 60-minute Golf Central Pre-Game show, previewing the matchups with Hamann conducting interviews with players in the field preparing to compete, along with dedicated live booth segments with Burr, Breed and Sellinger looking ahead to each matchup.
Round of 32 Results:
(1) Joe Miller def. (9) Steve Monroe: 2-0
(4) Jason Eslinger def. (5) Ryan Reisbeck: 2-0
(3) Adam Smith def. (6) Landon Gentry: 2-0
(2) Will Hogue def. (7) Troy Teal: 2-0
(1) Tim Burke def. (9) Kody Zurek: 2-0
(12) Maurice Allen def. (4) Ryan Louw: 2-0
(6) Justin Moose def. (3) Patrick Hopper: 2-0
(7) Justin Young def. (2) Matt Hanger: 2-1
(8) Jeff Gavin def. (1) Jeff Flagg: 2-0
(5) Kevin Shook def. (4) Carl Wolter: 2-0
(6) Rich Moore def. (3) Ben Tuaone: 2-1
(10) Jeremy Easterly def. (2) Connor Powers: 2-0
(1) Jamie Sadlowski def. (8) Michael Knox: 2-0
(4) Ryan Winther def. (12) Jesse Pettersen: 2-1
(11) Kari Hyokki def. (3) Aaron Mansfield: 2-1
(2) Jeff Crittenden def. (7) Rob Tiettmeyer: 2-0
For full results, visit HERE.