OCALA, Fla. – A formidable lineup of women leaders in sports, business and media are among members of the advisory council named Thursday to guide the women’s summit that is part of the larger purpose the inaugural KPMG Women’s PGA Championship is intended to serve.
The 20 members of the council include Stacy Lewis, the highest ranked American woman in golf today, Hall of Famer Annika Sorenstam and Dottie Pepper, an ESPN golf analyst and a 17-time LPGA winner.
The new KPMG Women’s PGA Championship is scheduled to be played June 11-14 at Westchester Country Club in Rye, N.Y.
The women’s summit will take place that week and is designed “to inspire the next generation of women leaders.”
The other men and women named to the advisory council are:
• Roberta Bowman – Retired executive, Duke Energy; board member, LPGA
• Lynne Doughtie – Vice chair, advisory, KPMG
• Candy Duncan – Chair, KPMG Women’s Leadership Summit
• Adena Friedman – President, Nasdaq
• Dalynn J. Hoch – CFO, Zurich North America, Zurich Insurance Company
• Kathy Hopinkah Hannan – National managing partner, corporate responsibility & diversity, KPMG
• Karen Jennings – Retired senior executive vice president, AT&T; board member, LPGA
• Michelle Kydd Lee – Chief innovation officer, Creative Artists Agency
• Phebe Novakovic – Chairman and CEO, General Dynamics
• Donna Orender – CEO, Orender Unlimited; special advisor, PGA of America
• Douglas Peterson – President & CEO, McGraw Hill Financial
• Elisabeth Sami – Senior vice president, strategy & business development, NBCUniversal News Group
• Molly Solomon – Executive producer, Golf Channel; senior vice president, production & operations, NBC Sports Group
• John Veihmeyer – Global chairman, KPMG
• Suzy Whaley – Secretary, PGA of America
• Maggie Wilderotter – Chairman & CEO, Frontier Communications
• Linda Yaccarino – Chairman, advertising sales and client partnerships, NBCUniversal