Almost one in four PGA Tour pros who answered the question put to them by Sports Illustrated believe Tiger Woods used performance enhancing drugs.
This controversial question was among those SI asked in its popular annual survey: “Do you think Tiger Woods used HGH or other performance enhancing drugs?”
Twenty-four percent said “yes.”
SI reports surveying 71 PGA Tour pros, with the magazine noting that some pros did not answer every question. The survey, in which players are granted anonymity, is in the magazine's May 3 issue.
Some other notable results of the survey:
• 93 percent believe Woods will break Jack Nicklaus’ record of 18 professional majors.
• 8 percent said they heard of Woods’ marital infidelities before his crash.
• 74 percent said the sex scandal will not change the way they view Woods' legacy.
• Sergio Garcia was voted the most overrated player, getting 23 percent of the vote, with Ian Poulter finishing second, garnering 17 percent.
• Woods and Martin Kaymer were voted the most underrated players, with each getting 10 percent of the vote.
• 84 percent believe the health care reform bill is bad for the United States.
• 83 percent disapprove of the job President Obama is doing.