Live Golf FAQs
Golf Channel Live Streaming FAQs
ABOUT GOLF CHANNEL LIVE STREAMING
Access to Golf Channel live streams are available to users who have a subscription with a participating TV provider. Golf Channel live streaming gives you 24x7 access to all Golf Channel content, including live tournament coverage, shows, and exclusive live digital content.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: What is "Live Streaming" video content?
A: GolfChannel.com and the Golf Channel mobile/tablet application are the exclusive sources in the U.S. for LIVE video coverage of golf programming that Golf Channel and NBC broadcasts.
Q: What do I need to watch video on GolfChannel.com?
A: In order to watch any video, you must have recent web browser that supports HTML5 Media Source Extensions (MSE).
Q: What is required for access to view "Live Streaming" video content?
A: You can access live streams of Golf programming on Golf Channel and NBC by authenticating with a cable, satellite, telco or live streaming TV subscription that includes the Golf Channel. There is no additional charge for this service, simply login using the Username and Password you use on your providers website. If you do not have, or do not know your Login information, please contact your service provider.
Q: Why is authentication being required?
A: Authentication supports our ongoing investment in sports programming for all of our platforms and is consistent with industry trends. Digital platforms require significant investment, and authentication allows us to capture the value of that investment, which in turn allows us to continue to provide cable/satellite/telco/live streaming service customers with high-quality Golf coverage wherever and whenever they want at no additional cost.
Q: Is video on GolfChannel.com available in HD?
A: Yes, this online content is available in HD.
Q: Can we watch video on GolfChannel.com and the Golf Channel App outside of the United States?
A: Due to broadcasting regulations, Golf Channel is only allowed to show Golf content on the internet in the United States and U.S. Territories. Users outside of these locations will still be able to access an extensive library of non-live video content on GolfChannel.com and the Golf Channel App.
Q: Is it possible to watch the video in full screen?
A: Yes, you can click on the 'full screen' button that is located on the lower right corner of the video player control bar.
Q: Can I watch Golf Channel video content on my mobile device?
A: You can watch live Golf events and shows within the Golf Channel App and the NBC Sports App.
Q: Is there a Golf Channel Mobile or Tablet Application available?
A: Yes, there are mobile & tablet Golf Channel apps available on iOS and Android.
Q: How do I unlock access to the live video coverage in the Golf Channel App?
A: To access content on the Golf Channel app you will just need to verify your cable, satellite or telco TV subscription that includes Golf Channel. There is no additional charge for this service, simply log in using the Username and Password you use on your provider's website. If you do not have, or do not know your Login information contact your service provider.
Q: Will there be a cost to download the Golf Channel App?
A: No, the Golf Channel app is free to download.
Q: What are the minimum web browser and/or hardware requirements for viewing video on GolfChannel.com
A: Minimum Web Browser Compatibility:
- Windows 10 Edge
- macOS 10.12.6 and above
- Windows/macOS Chrome 61 and above
- Windows/macOS Firefox 56 and above
- iOS 11 Safari and above
- iOS 11 Chrome and above
- Android 7 Chrome 61 and above
- Android 8 Chrome 61 and above
GolfChannel.com streaming is not available on Internet Explorer due to HTML5 restrictions. Please use one of the browsers listed above instead.
Minimum Internet Compatibility:
- Broadband connection with 10+ Mbps
Q: What will be the minimum and optimal operating system requirements for using the Mobile and Tablet Golf Channel App?
- OS Version 9+
- iPad 2+
- iPad Air 1+
- iPad Mini 1+
- iPhone 4S+
- Version 5.0 + or Lolipop
Golf Channel content on Connected Streaming Devices is available via the NBC Sports App on the following devices:
- Apple TV
- Fire TV
- Win 10, Xbox One
- 2016 Samsung Tizen Smart TV
Q: What do I do when the video doesn't start and is showing a spinner or black screen, or an error message?
A: Try the following steps:
- Refresh your browser
- Upgrade your browser (Older browsers might not be offering you the premium in speed and security to view this content).
- If you would like the best viewing experience, we recommend that you upgrade to the most recent version of your browser. You can select from the following supported browsers:
Q: The video stops playing completely.
A: Try the following steps:
- Refresh your browser.
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies. If the browser you're using or a page you're viewing is displaying problems, try to clear the browser's cache. If that doesn't fix the problem, try to clear the browser's cookies.
Q: I cannot hear any audio.
A: Try the following steps:
- 1. Refresh your browser.
- 2. If refreshing didn't help, try the following:
- 2a. Adjust the volume control on your computer and speakers.
- 2b. Adjust the volume control located in the lower left corner of the Player.
- 2c. Restart your internet browser (Firefox, Chrome, etc.)
- 2d.Ensure that the volume is turned up on other video players, such as Quicktime, Real Player, or Windows Media player, as this might affect the video player sound.
Q: My video is choppy or it keeps buffering.
A: Try the following steps:
- 1. Refresh your browser
- 2. Quit your browser application entirely and all other unnecessary applications running on your computer, then restart your browser. Avoid using multiple tabs.
- 3. If using wireless internet (WiFi), connect directly to your modem or router with an Ethernet cable.
Q: I have run the Adobe® Flash® installation program several times but the website is asking me to install again; what do I do?
A: Some users will not be able to upgrade Adobe® Flash® due to their OS settings. If you are seeing this issue then you should follow these steps:
- 1. Uninstall Adobe® Flash® as described by this Adobe® Flash® support page:
- 2. Restart your computer
- 3. Visit https://www.nbcsports.com/live
- 3a. Click on any of the videos
- 4. When prompted, install Adobe® Flash® again
- 5. When installation is complete, restart your browser
Q: I am experiencing issues playing video, does it matter that I have blocked 3rd party cookies?
A: Yes, you will need to unblock 3rd party cookies, in order to view video. In current versions of Firefox, for instance, follow these steps:
- 1. In the Firefox menu bar, go to Tools > Options
- 2. In the Options screen, select Privacy
- 3. Make sure that both "Accept cookies from sites" and "Accept third-party cookies" are checked.
- 4. In the "Keep until:" drop-down, select either "they expire" or "I close Firefox"
- 5. Click OK to close the Options screen.
- 6. Force-reload the page by doing Shift-Reload (Hold down the Shift key on the keyboard, while clicking the Reload button in the browser's button bar.)
- 7. The videos should now play successfully
Q: In the Golf Channel app, the video on my device keeps buffering or is of poor quality. How can I fix this?
A: Watching video is available via a 3G or 4G/LTE connection, but to experience the highest quality of video, connect to a WiFi signal. You can also improve your video quality by making sure you have installed the latest operating system onto your device.
Q: When I load the Golf Channel Application, an error message displays saying I do not have a data connection. What does this mean?
A: If you are receiving an error message stating there is no data connection, make sure you are connected to a 3G, 4G/LTE or WiFi network. You can check the status of your connection in the Settings section of your device. Note: If your device is in "Airplane Mode", you will not have a data connection and will need to turn the setting off. Video will work with 3G or 4G/LTE connection, however, to experience best video quality connect to WIFI network when available.
Have additional questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org