Golf Channel’s Coverage Reaches 8.1 Million Viewers,
Making it the Network’s Third Most-Viewed Week in Past Year and a Half
Golf Channel Digital Posts Best-Ever Traffic In All Key Metrics for THE PLAYERS
Golf Channel on NBC’s Coverage of THE PLAYERS Championship drew 19.3 million viewers, which makes it the most-viewed weekend for any PGA TOUR event since Tiger Woods’ 2013 win at TPC Sawgrass, according to data released by The Nielsen Company. Viewership peaked from 7:30-8 p.m. ET, with 7.8 million average viewers and a 4.77 U.S. household rating during the four-hole playoff, won by Rickie Fowler.
Other highlights from Golf Channel on NBC’s weekend coverage of THE PLAYERS include:
- Sunday’s coverage reached 5 million average viewers (+66% YOY), making it the third most-watched final round over the past year, only trailing the 2015 Masters and 2014 PGA Championship.
- Sunday’s coverage posted a 3.29 U.S. household rating, making it the second highest-rated final round at THE PLAYERS in a decade, trailing only 2013.
Golf Central Live From THE PLAYERS and early-round coverage propelled Golf Channel to draw 8.1 million viewers throughout the week, making it the third most-viewed week on Golf Channel since August 2013, trailing only the past two Masters weeks. With 174,000 average viewers per minute across the entire week, it is the second most-watched PLAYERS week ever on Golf Channel.
The excitement for THE PLAYERS carried into Monday with Morning Drive from 9-10 a.m. ET posting its most-watched Monday hour since August of last year (83,000 average viewers) and Golf Central posting its most-watched weekday telecast since April of last year (120,000 average viewers).
RECORD STREAMING AND BEST-EVER TRAFFIC FOR THE PLAYERS WEEK ON GOLF CHANNEL DIGITAL:
- The 2015 PLAYERS was the second most-streamed PGA TOUR event ever on Golf Live Extra, trailing only 2013’s coverage, with 7.39 million minutes streamed (+94% YOY). This also was the most-streamed event for Golf Live Extra since the 2014 Ryder Cup.
- Golf Channel Digital scored Best Ever PLAYERS week records (Mon-Mon) in all key metrics, including:
- Page Views: 23.84 million (+54% YOY)
- Visits: 4.40 million (+49% YOY)
- Video Starts: 906K (+82% YOY)
- Unique Visitors: GolfChannel.com 1.54 million (+40% YOY)