Join us for Grill Room's This Week in Golf, featuring Stat of the Week, Caption of the Week and Random Holiday of the Week.
Stats of the Week
Drive for Show? Nicolas Colsearts leads the PGA Tour in driving distance for the year at 309.6 yards a pop. Not surprisingly, he also led the field at the Honda Classic with pokes averaging 314.5 yards. His result? A T-68. As for winner Micheal Thompson? He ranked 53rd for the week at the Honda at just 279.6 yards. Here are the winners so far in 2013 and where they currently rank in driving distance for the season:
Dustin Johnson - 14th (300.4 yards)
Russell Henley - 59th (291.0 yards)
Brian Gay - 144th (280.4 yards)
Tiger Woods - 10th (302.1 yards)
Phil Mickelson - 86th (288.1 yards)
Brandt Snedeker - 152nd (278.3 yards)
John Merrick - 67th (290.2 yards)
Matt Kuchar - 146th (279.6 yards)
Micheal Thompson - 115th (283.9 yards)
This Week in Golf
Feb. 27, 1927: This ??????????
This Week in History: Non-golf division
This Weeks Happy, Happy Birthdays
March 4th - Peter Jacobsen
March 6th - Ben Crane
March 7th - Tom Lehman and Jesper Parnevik
March 9th Andy North.
Reason to Celebrate
March 1, 2013 is National Pig Day. In honor of the holiday, we take a look at some of the best on-course snacks of the pork variety:
1. Hot dog: They're quick, easy and oh-so-good
2. Club sandwich: Is there anything that says 'a day in the good life' more than a club sandwich? Decked with turkey and ham, of course.
3. Bacon burger: It's not the healthiest option, but it's OK to indulge every once in awhile.
4. Ham-and-cheese sandwich: Fresh and hot out of the toaster, never a bogey of a call.
5. Chef salad: This might be the item you order after your round, when you can sit down and enjoy it sans interruptions.
Write Your Own Caption
Caption A) 'Let's see ... one out of bounds; retee hitting three; 3-wood into right rough; chuck 6-iron; hit 7-iron into greenside bunker; skull sandwedge over green; duff chip; chip to within 35 feet; leave first putt short by 10 feet; miss 10-footer; tap in. Hmmmm ... 11? Hell, who gives a crap.'
Caprion B) 'Head and Shoulders just gives me the confidenece that Selson Blue doesn't.'