Allenby thanks Honolulu PD in statement

RSS

The Honolulu Police Department on Wednesday announced that it made an arrest in connection with the robbery of Robert Allenby on Jan. 16.

The suspect, 32-year-old Patrick Owen Harbison, faces three counts of second-degree identity theft, three counts of second-degree attempted theft, and one count of unauthorized possession of confidential personal information.

On Thursday, Allenby released the following statement: "I want to thank the Honolulu Police Department for their on-going work in this investigation. As I have continually said, these detectives are the best at what they do and I was always confident they would discover what happened. I continue to fully cooperate with the HPD and I look forward to this matter being fully resolved.

"I also want to thank the many people who have expressed their support and concern for me in the last month."

A report from Hawaii News Now noted that Harbison - who has five previous convictions - has actually been in custody for weeks on a contempt charge. He was identified on surveillance video using Allenby's credit cards, which according to Allenby added up to over $20,000 in fraudlent purchases.

Allenby originally told Golf Channel the day after the incident that he had been kidnapped, beaten, thrown in the trunk of a car and dropped off miles from the Amuse Wine Bar, where he had been that evening. Allenby later claimed that he did not remember anything between the hours of 11:06 and 1:27 a.m. and that he was only repeating what others had told to him.

Honolulu police investigated Allenby's case as a robbery are not seeking any additional suspects.