Allenby withdraws from Humana Challenge

RSS

Four days after saying he had been abducted, beaten and robbed, Robert Allenby announced he has withdrawn from this week’s Humana Challenge.

In a statement released Tuesday by the PGA Tour Allenby said, “On the advice of my personal doctor, I have decided to withdraw from this week’s Humana Challenge. This will enable me to ensure I am fully recovered prior to rejoining the PGA Tour. I anticipate a full recovery and look forward to returning in the near future.”

Allenby, who flew home to South Florida to see his doctors, told Honolulu police that he was abducted, robbed and left six miles away from the bar where he had dinner on Friday night, but conflicting reports – including from the homeless woman who found the Australian – have surfaced in recent days.

In the statement from the Tour, the circuit added, “Any further updates on the investigation will come from local law enforcement.”

Allenby has played the Humana Challenge eight times, including missed cuts at the Coachella Valley stop the last two years.