Rickie Fowler won the Deutsche Bank Championship on Monday, defeating Henrik Stenson at TPC Boston. Here are some numbers, compiled by the Golf Channel research department, that sum up the second FedEx Cup Playoffs event.
- Third career PGA Tour win and second of the season (Players Championship)
- Third worldwide win of the year (Scottish Open)
- Sixth player to win multiple Tour events this season
- Has trailed entering the final round in all three Tour wins. He was one back entering the final round this week
- Second player to win The Players and a playoff event in the same season (Phil Mickelson, 2007)
- Made four bogeys in four rounds this week (fewest in the field)
- Second consecutive runner-up finish (The Barclays)
- Sixth runner-up finish on Tour, third this season
- Failed to convert both 54-hole leads on Tour this year
- Was 1-for-10 on putts between 10-15 feet this week
Official World Golf Ranking:
This will be the first time since 1997 that the top spot in the world rankings has changed hands each week over a four-week span. The last time it happened, Tiger Woods grabbed it after Week 5 and held on for a while.
|Week 1: Greg Norman||Jordan Spieth|
|Week 2: Tiger Woods||Rory McIlroy|
|Week 3: Ernie Els||Jordan Spieth|
|Week 4: Greg Norman||Rory McIlroy*|
|Week 5: Tiger Woods||TBD|
*Projected to move back to No. 1 after the bye week.