“I’m just going to sit back and I’ll go through it with my team,” he said after missing the cut at the PGA, his third consecutive early exit at a major. “We’ll talk about it, what I need to do, and see if that’s the right move or not.”
The PGA Tour announced Friday night that Woods had signed up to play the regular-season finale. Woods can still withdraw before the opening round, and his agent, Mark Steinberg, told GolfChannel.com that it wasn’t “100 percent” that Woods would play in Greensboro.
Well outside the top 125 for the FedEx Cup, Woods would likely need to win to qualify for the playoffs. If not, he will miss the postseason for the third time in the past five years.
“I think it’s more just building,” he said, adding that he was more concerned with the rest of the year, not the end of the wraparound season, which concludes with the Tour Championship in September.
“I still have plenty of golf to be played for the rest of the year, on a global level,” he said.
What's next for Woods? He said he was heading home after shooting 4-over 148 and missing the cut at Whistling Straits.
“I’m going to go home and watch the leaders tee off and play,” he said. “Probably in Florida. Actually, I’ll go to my sports bar (which opened earlier this week). How about that?”