• Only seven of 16 winners so far this season have won after sleeping on the 54-hole lead or co-lead (44 percent).
• The largest 54-hole deficit overcome to win at the Valspar is four shots by John Huston in 2000.
• Haas is seeking his seventh career PGA Tour title (all since 2010) and is 3-for-6 in converting 54-hole leads/co-leads into wins.
• Steve Stricker, 49, who enters the final round four back, is seeking his first PGA Tour win since the 2012 Tournament of Champions and with a victory would become the third-oldest winner on Tour since 2010.
• Jordan Spieth, 22, who was tied for 117th after the first round this week, now sits only six shots back, and with a Sunday comeback would become the youngest to defend a PGA Tour title since Gene Sarazen in 1923.
Information courtesy the Golf Channel editoral research unit.