RIO DE JANEIRO – Inbee Park is the Olympic leader by two shots over Lydia Ko and Gerina Piller. With 18 holes remaining before we hand out the gold, silver and bronze at the Olympic Golf Course, here are some things You Oughta Know:
• Park has converted each of her previous four 54-hole leads into victories. She’s 10 for 16 in her LPGA career converting 54-hole leads into victories.
• Park has 22 career professional victories but none this year. She has missed the cut or withdrawn from each of her previous three LPGA starts. She did not play in two majors this season because of a left thumb injury.
• With her start at the KPMG Women’s PGA Championship, Park became the youngest ever to qualify for the LPGA hall of fame.
• Piller is the only player in the field to shoot all three rounds in the 60s, the third time this year she’s done that. It’s the third time this year that she’s been either first or second after 54 holes.
• Piller has 30 career top-10 finishes on the LPGA, without a victory. She has finished second place four times.
• Ko has trailed entering the final round in seven of 13 victories in 72-hole events. A win this week would be her 20th professional victory at age 19. She is seeking her sixth worldwide victory this year.
• Shanshan Feng is in fourth place, three shots behind Park. Her best finish this season is a fifth place at the Texas Shootout. She has four top-10 finishes this season on the LPGA.
• Stacy Lewis shot 76 and dropped down to eighth place. She has 11 runner-up finishes since her last victory at the 2014 NW Arkansas Championship.
Note: Golf Channel’s editorial research unit contributed to this report.