FORT WORTH, Texas – Kevin Na may or may not be the slowest player on the PGA Tour, although his exploits at The Players Championship two weeks ago certainly have labeled him the most high-profile snail, but his caddie is among the circuit’s fastest.
Kenny Harms is undefeated in the daily caddie races at Colonial’s 13th hole. The derby is a Colonial tradition, drawing fans each year who bet on which caddie will reach the green first after their man’s tee shot on the par 3.
On Friday Harms was lagging behind and Na asked him if he was going to let his undefeated streak come to an end. Harms broke into a sprint to remain perfect at Colonial.
Last week’s Byron Nelson Championship has a similar derby at the 17th hole, with each winner receiving a free dinner at a local restaurant. There’s no reward at Colonial, at least not for the caddies. For the wagering fans, however, there seems to be plenty of action.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path