FORT WORTH, Texas – Kevin Na may or may not be the slowest player on the PGA Tour, although his exploits at The Players Championship two weeks ago certainly have labeled him the most high-profile snail, but his caddie is among the circuit’s fastest.
Kenny Harms is undefeated in the daily caddie races at Colonial’s 13th hole. The derby is a Colonial tradition, drawing fans each year who bet on which caddie will reach the green first after their man’s tee shot on the par 3.
On Friday Harms was lagging behind and Na asked him if he was going to let his undefeated streak come to an end. Harms broke into a sprint to remain perfect at Colonial.
Last week’s Byron Nelson Championship has a similar derby at the 17th hole, with each winner receiving a free dinner at a local restaurant. There’s no reward at Colonial, at least not for the caddies. For the wagering fans, however, there seems to be plenty of action.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots