FORT WORTH, Texas – Kevin Na may or may not be the slowest player on the PGA Tour, although his exploits at The Players Championship two weeks ago certainly have labeled him the most high-profile snail, but his caddie is among the circuit’s fastest.
Kenny Harms is undefeated in the daily caddie races at Colonial’s 13th hole. The derby is a Colonial tradition, drawing fans each year who bet on which caddie will reach the green first after their man’s tee shot on the par 3.
On Friday Harms was lagging behind and Na asked him if he was going to let his undefeated streak come to an end. Harms broke into a sprint to remain perfect at Colonial.
Last week’s Byron Nelson Championship has a similar derby at the 17th hole, with each winner receiving a free dinner at a local restaurant. There’s no reward at Colonial, at least not for the caddies. For the wagering fans, however, there seems to be plenty of action.
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Perry takes Senior PGA lead into Day 4 | Scores
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Moreno leads by one in Bahamas LPGA | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots