Cheyenne Woods to make pro debut at LPGA major
- By Ryan Ballengee
- May 30, 2012 11:19 AM ET
Cheyenne Woods will make her professional debut next week at the Wegmans LPGA Championship, a tournament official confirmed to GolfChannel.com. It is the tour's second major of the season.
Woods, the niece of Tiger Woods and the 2011 ACC individual champion, recently graduated from Wake Forest University with a degree in communications.
Last week, Cheyenne Woods signed with Excel Sports Management, the same representation as her more famous uncle.
In a chat on Google Plus on Tuesday, Tiger Woods expressed pride as his niece embarks on her pro career.
"She hit her first golf ball in the same garage I started,” Tiger said, “and to see her progress, and quite frankly grow up into a woman, it's exciting to see how she's changed over the years and matured as a person."
Cheyenne Woods missed the cut at the Wegmans LPGA and it won't get any easier in her next start at the U.S. Women's Open. Read More
Cheyenne Woods got some counsel from her famous uncle before posting a 3-over-par 75 in her professional debut Thursday at the Wegmans LPGA Championship. Read More
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process