Cheyenne Woods wins first event as a professional
- By Will Gray
- Aug 30, 2012 4:30 PM ET
Cheyenne Woods closed with a 1-under-par 69 on Thursday to capture the Suncoast Ladies Series event held at LPGA International, her first win as a professional.
Woods, the niece of Tiger Woods, finished the 54-hole event on the Champions Course at 6 under. She shot rounds of 67-68-69 to win by four strokes over runner-up Taylore Karle.
Woods was also runner-up at a Suncoast Series event last week on the Legends Course at LPGA International. She made her professional debut earlier this summer at the Wegmans LPGA Championship after graduating from Wake Forest.
Later in the day, her famous uncle congratulated Woods on her victory. "Congrats to my niece Cheyenne on winning her first professional event," Tiger Woods shared via Twitter. "Won by 4, very proud."
Tags: Cheyenne Woods
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Karlsson puts yips behind, qualifies for British Open
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae