Cheyenne Woods wins first event as a professional
- By Will Gray
- Aug 30, 2012 4:30 PM ET
Cheyenne Woods closed with a 1-under-par 69 on Thursday to capture the Suncoast Ladies Series event held at LPGA International, her first win as a professional.
Woods, the niece of Tiger Woods, finished the 54-hole event on the Champions Course at 6 under. She shot rounds of 67-68-69 to win by four strokes over runner-up Taylore Karle.
Woods was also runner-up at a Suncoast Series event last week on the Legends Course at LPGA International. She made her professional debut earlier this summer at the Wegmans LPGA Championship after graduating from Wake Forest.
Later in the day, her famous uncle congratulated Woods on her victory. "Congrats to my niece Cheyenne on winning her first professional event," Tiger Woods shared via Twitter. "Won by 4, very proud."
Tags: Cheyenne Woods
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots