Discussion: Did Williams go overboard with his comments?
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Aug 7, 2011 8:30 PM ET
Following Adam Scott's victory Sunday at the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational, Scott's new full-time caddie Steve Williams had some pretty pointed comments about the victory. Sure, they were in the heat of the moment but you couldn't help but wonder how much of it was directed in the face of his former boss Tiger Woods, with whom Williams toted the bag for in 13 major championship victories.
“I’ve been caddying for 33 years and this has been the best week of my life," Williams said. “I’m not joking. I’m never, ever going to forget this week. … It’s the greatest week of my life.”
Discussion: Did Steve Williams go overboard by calling Adam Scott's victory the best of his caddying career?
In an interview with a New Zealand TV network, caddie Steve Williams dished on Adam Scott's win and Tiger Woods' drop. Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Perry takes Senior PGA lead into Day 4 | Scores
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Moreno leads by one in Bahamas LPGA | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots