Discussion: Biggest Round 1 story - Stricker's 63, Woods' 77 or McIlroy's wrist?
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Aug 12, 2011 9:17 AM ET
Thursday's action at the PGA Championship provided no shortage of headlines. Tiger Woods' roller-coaster round took much of the spotlight in the morning, and Rory McIlroy's injury was the hot topic of the afternoon. In between, all Steve Stricker did was come within a few inches of setting a new scoring record for major championships in grabbing a two-shot lead. So the question is: Which was the top story from Round 1?
Discussion: Which was the biggest story on Day 1 of the 93rd PGA Championship: Stricker's 63, Woods' 77 or McIlroy's wrist injury?
Note: For full discussion topics, click here.
Already well in front in the team competition, the USC Trojans are now on the verge of both team and individual NCAA titles entering the final round of competition at the University of Georgia Golf Co... Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots