The PGA Tour released the abbreviated 2013 schedule on Monday, a lineup that features few changes from the 2012 season as the circuit transitions to a split-calendar schedule.
The West Coast swing remains identical to this year’s lineup, beginning with the Hyundai Tournament of Champions and Sony Open in Hawaii, followed by the Humana Challenge, Farmers Insurance Open, Phoenix Open, AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am, Northern Trust Open and WGC-Accenture Match Play.
The Mayakoba Golf Classic, which was played the same week as the Match Play this year, will move to the fall in 2013 and will be part of the new 2013-14 season.
The Florida swing also remains unchanged while the Valero Texas Open has been moved forward three weeks to accommodate the April 14 finish of .
The off week during the FedEx Cup playoffs also has been moved back a week to follow the Deutsche Bank Championship.
The Presidents Cup in Columbus, Ohio, will be played two weeks after the Tour Championship (Sept. 19-22) and, according to a tentative schedule GTC has seen, the 2013-14 season will begin the week after that at the Frys.com Open.
The Tour also adjusted the number of FedEx Cup points awarded at its three opposite-field events (Puerto Rico Open, True South Classic and Reno-Tahoe Open), increasing the winner’s take to 300 points, up from 250.
Some questions still remain for the 2013 schedule, however. Transitions did not renew its sponsorship of the Tampa-area stop and the tournament is listed as the Tampa Bay Championship.
Tags: PGA Tour
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process