KAPALUA, Hawaii – When TaylorMade unveiled its 2013 golf bags and hats, every player in its stable was on board with the design and color scheme.
Except for Dustin Johnson.
The South Carolina native and staunch Gamecocks supporter winced at having an orange stripe on his bag because that color represents the rival Clemson Tigers.
So instead, TaylorMade filled in the orange, leaving Johnson’s bag and hat similar – but not the same – as his fellow stablemates.
It’s working so far, as the orange-less Johnson claimed the Hyundai Tournament of Champions on Tuesday for his seventh career victory.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots