Holmes fractures ankle in rollerblading accident
- By Rex Hoggard
- Mar 18, 2013 3:18 PM ET
ORLANDO, Fla. – J.B. Holmes is back on the disabled list following a rollerblading accident earlier this month near his central Florida home.
According to Holmes’ manager with Wasserman Media Group, his client fractured his left ankle March 9 rollerblading with his wife and is expected to miss between eight and 12 weeks.
Holmes, who missed much of 2011 following brain surgery, hit a rut in the road while rollerblading, which has been part of his training regimen.
He missed the cut in his last start at the Honda Classic and will be in a cast for about another week.
Tags: JB Holmes
- Garcia makes racist remark regarding Woods
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth