Teen Beau Hossler has been invited to play in next week's AT&T National at Congressional CC in Bethesda, Md.
Tournament director Greg McLaughlin tweeted the news on Friday.
The 17-year-old hoped to be grouped with a pair of Texas Longhorns in current player Jordan Spieth and alumnus Justin Leonard. Hossler, entering his senior year of high school in the fall, has already committed to the University of Texas for his collegiate golf. However, the PGA Tour will not group the trio, a Tour official said.
Hossler briefly held the lead alone in the second round of the U.S. Open last week before finishing in a tie for 29th place.
- Garcia makes racist remark regarding Woods
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth