Teen Beau Hossler has been invited to play in next week's AT&T National at Congressional CC in Bethesda, Md.
Tournament director Greg McLaughlin tweeted the news on Friday.
The 17-year-old hoped to be grouped with a pair of Texas Longhorns in current player Jordan Spieth and alumnus Justin Leonard. Hossler, entering his senior year of high school in the fall, has already committed to the University of Texas for his collegiate golf. However, the PGA Tour will not group the trio, a Tour official said.
Hossler briefly held the lead alone in the second round of the U.S. Open last week before finishing in a tie for 29th place.
Fresh off his U.S. Open win, Justin Rose will play the first two rounds at TPC River Highlands alongside a pair of fellow major champions. Read More
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path