Teen Beau Hossler has been invited to play in next week's AT&T National at Congressional CC in Bethesda, Md.
Tournament director Greg McLaughlin tweeted the news on Friday.
The 17-year-old hoped to be grouped with a pair of Texas Longhorns in current player Jordan Spieth and alumnus Justin Leonard. Hossler, entering his senior year of high school in the fall, has already committed to the University of Texas for his collegiate golf. However, the PGA Tour will not group the trio, a Tour official said.
Hossler briefly held the lead alone in the second round of the U.S. Open last week before finishing in a tie for 29th place.
- SCORING: McDowell, Jaidee in Match Play final
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- No. 1 Cal (11 wins) headlines 30-team NCAA field
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play