Apparently, Davis Love III won’t have much time to rue the U.S. Ryder Cup team’s historic loss Sunday at Medinah.
According to the PGA Tour’s published field list, the U.S. captain was a late entry to this week’s Fall Series opener, the Justin Timberlake Shriners Hospitals for Children Open, which begins Thursday in Las Vegas. In August, he also committed to play the Oct. 11-14 Frys.com Open in San Martin, Calif.
More than likely, his appearance at TPC Summerlin is a favor to entertainer Justin Timberlake, who was part of the opening ceremonies at Medinah, among other appearances.
Love has played the Tour’s Vegas stop 19 times in his career, most recently in 2010, when he tied for 28th.
In 16 starts this season, the 48-year-old Love has made nine of 16 cuts and is currently 106th on the PGA Tour money list, at $774,934. His best finish of the season was a T-3 at the St.Jude Classic in June.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path