Apparently, Davis Love III won’t have much time to rue the U.S. Ryder Cup team’s historic loss Sunday at Medinah.
According to the PGA Tour’s published field list, the U.S. captain was a late entry to this week’s Fall Series opener, the Justin Timberlake Shriners Hospitals for Children Open, which begins Thursday in Las Vegas. In August, he also committed to play the Oct. 11-14 Frys.com Open in San Martin, Calif.
More than likely, his appearance at TPC Summerlin is a favor to entertainer Justin Timberlake, who was part of the opening ceremonies at Medinah, among other appearances.
Love has played the Tour’s Vegas stop 19 times in his career, most recently in 2010, when he tied for 28th.
In 16 starts this season, the 48-year-old Love has made nine of 16 cuts and is currently 106th on the PGA Tour money list, at $774,934. His best finish of the season was a T-3 at the St.Jude Classic in June.
Fresh off his U.S. Open win, Justin Rose will play the first two rounds at TPC River Highlands alongside a pair of fellow major champions. Read More
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path