The top two players in the world are poised to meet again next year in Abu Dhabi.
Rory McIlroy and Tiger Woods have committed to open their season at the 2013 Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship. The event will begin on Jan. 17, a week earlier than last year, so it is unclear if the schedule change means Woods will not play in the PGA Tour’s Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines, which starts Jan. 24. Woods has won seven times at Torrey Pines, including the 2008 U.S. Open.
Last year in Abu Dhabi, McIlroy finished second behind surprise winner Robert Rock. Woods, meanwhile, was in contention the entire week, but shot 72 in the final round to finish two shots behind Rock.
McIlroy and Woods were paired during the first three rounds of the event.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots