LA QUINTA, Calif. – Patrick Reed continued his impressive run on Mondays this season, securing a PGA Tour card thanks to a sixth-round 67 at Q-School. He can now turn his attention to a much more stressful event.
Reed, who will be making his first trip to the Tour – as a member – in 2013, is scheduled to marry Justine Karain on Dec. 21 in Houston. Karain has been a fixture on Reed’s bag this season and, according to Reed, will continue her caddieing duties next year.
“This would be a great wedding gift,” Reed said following his final round at PGA West.
Reed and Karain, who were six for eight in Monday qualifiers this season, plan to take a honeymoon cruise to Mexico, Jamaica and Grand Cayman and the plan is to hit golf balls off a mat into the ocean while they are sailing to keep his game sharp.
Reed said he will start his season at the Sony Open in Hawaii even if he has to Monday qualify. “I’ve gotten pretty good at that,” he smiled.
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Karlsson puts yips behind, qualifies for British Open
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae