LA QUINTA, Calif. – Patrick Reed continued his impressive run on Mondays this season, securing a PGA Tour card thanks to a sixth-round 67 at Q-School. He can now turn his attention to a much more stressful event.
Reed, who will be making his first trip to the Tour – as a member – in 2013, is scheduled to marry Justine Karain on Dec. 21 in Houston. Karain has been a fixture on Reed’s bag this season and, according to Reed, will continue her caddieing duties next year.
“This would be a great wedding gift,” Reed said following his final round at PGA West.
Reed and Karain, who were six for eight in Monday qualifiers this season, plan to take a honeymoon cruise to Mexico, Jamaica and Grand Cayman and the plan is to hit golf balls off a mat into the ocean while they are sailing to keep his game sharp.
Reed said he will start his season at the Sony Open in Hawaii even if he has to Monday qualify. “I’ve gotten pretty good at that,” he smiled.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path