'Morning Drive' unveils new schedule, expanded lineup
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Jan 24, 2013 1:00 PM ET
Equipping golf fans with more reason to tune in to television's only live morning golf show, Golf Channel's "Morning Drive" announced Thursday that the show will re-launch shortly with a new schedule, cast and format.
Beginning Feb. 4, the show will expand to a seven-days-a-week schedule. Co-hosts Gary Williams, Damon Hack and Holly Sonders will be joined by Golf Channel analyst Charlie Rymer to form the on-air "foursome" typically covering Thursdays through Mondays. Longtime anchor Kelly Tilghman will be a central figure on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, while on-air personality Lauren Thompson will provide news and scoring updates midweek. Matt Ginella, who recently joined Golf Channel after 11 years as travel editor of Golf Digest magazine, will serve as a co-host throughout the week.
The show also announced several additions to its standing group of regular contributors and guest hosts. Emmy Award-winning broadcaster Ahmad Rashad headlines those additions, as Rashad will serve as a guest host moving forward. The show will also feature 11-time PGA Tour winner John Cook, who will join the show during some of golf's biggest weeks. Annika Sorenstam, Brandel Chamblee, Tim Rosaforte and Jimmy Roberts will all continue to contribute regularly to the program.
Upon re-launch, the show will also feature a new, state-of-the-art studio – one that is nearly four times larger than the show's original studio. The new setup will include an anchor desk, interview area, news update desk and product demonstration area, as the show expands to discuss trends in golf equipment, travel and fashion in addition to other topics related to the game on a weekly basis.
Tags: Morning Drive
10% increase in viewership versus first quarter 2012, most-watched March ever and more. Read More
11-time PGA TOUR winner John Cook and travel expert Matt Ginella join Gary Williams, Holly Sonders, Damon Hack, Kelly Tilghman, Charlie Rymer and Lauren Thompson as Morning Drive regulars. Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- Sergio sponsor TaylorMade: Comment 'offensive'
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Clark on ban: 'Not going to roll over and accept this'
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth